I have a baby
When you have just had a baby, you build a bond with your child that is very important for both. If you are temporarily not feeling well, if you are worried or if you have real problems, making contact sometimes becomes less automatic. Making contact with your (newborn) child is important for:
- the bond you build together
- your baby's development
- getting used to your role as a mother and/or father
The employees of Baby Extra pay attention to contact with your baby and help you to strengthen the bond with your baby. As a result, you often enjoy parenthood more.
What can you expect?
After you register with Baby Extra, you will have a welcome meeting with one of our employees. This takes place at your home or at the consultation office at Wenckenbachstraat in Eindhoven. If desired, assistance can also be provided partly online or by phone. It is important that your partner, if possible, joins the guidance.
We will discuss how you and your newborn baby are doing. We also talk about your questions and concerns about parenthood in relation to your own (possible) problems.
We make a short film recording of your baby in contact with you. For example, while changing the diaper, while playing or another contact moment. We edit these images with texts. In our next appointment we will watch this video together to see:
- what your baby shows to connect with you
- what your baby needs from you to develop and bond well
You can participate in the Baby Extra parent course. Under the guidance of two Baby Extra employees, we discuss topics that your new parental role entails in 6 meetings.
What do we want to achieve?
- that you can enjoy the contact with your baby
- that you become (more) aware of the signals of your baby
- that you become (more) aware of what your baby needs from you
- that the bond between you and your baby is strengthened
- that you feel more confident as a parent
- that you can make a 'good start' together
The guidance of Baby Extra is for a short period of time (2 to 5 contacts).The goal is that you can then continue together on your own. Do you need more support? Then we look together (possibly in consultation with the referrer) what suits you. We can also tell you what the possibilities are in the region.
There are no costs for parents for the help of Baby Extra.